Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Something insignificant about me...

This is part of my journal writing assignment for my subject. I thought that since it had been a long time that I haven't updated my blog, why not post some journals here to make it more livelier. So, here it goes. My first journal is all yours.... =)


First of all, my name is Sum Yun Keit. I am 20 years of age this year. And my birthday lands on the very glorious day of 20th January each year. Currently I am studying at University of Malaya as a 2nd year student and doing my degree on Bachelor of Computer Science majoring in Software Engineering. I am still staying in the residential college in the university which is 8th Residential College.

What I would like to talk about myself first is that I like to social and mix around with friends while making some new friends. I enjoy the feel that I can know new friends as I can learn many new things when they share their life and experiences with me as if I can immerse myself into their world and feel what they see and do. It is a very special gift to me and I appreciate it very much as I can easily mingle with everyone be it Malay, Chinese, Indian and as the list goes on. Hopefully I would be able to meet more new and exciting friends to satisfy my urge for socialization.

Besides that, I am somewhat a friendly person by behavior, but not my face. I might have the serious-looking face but deep inside me, I am a friendly person who likes to talk all day long. Sometimes it does hurt me by the fact that people are avoiding to talk to me because of my serious-looking facial expression. So, normally I would be the first person who initiates the conversation. However, shy is yet another of my characteristic that halts me from being a very initiative person as I am kind of scared to meet eye-to-eye with the other person. Therefore, sometimes I may turn out to be very shy and hiding behind my friend’s back while smiling to hide my shyness and nervousness.

Moreover, there are times when people tell me that I am a helpful person. I definitely like to help my friends and whoever that needs my help. It gives me a sense of happiness and accomplishment when I can see the contented faces carved on them. I would help them with whatever I can so that they have no worries as I understand the feelings of worries too. Nevertheless, I myself lacked confidence to help people in need because I would be thinking by myself that I may make mistakes and errors and would probably turn out to be worse than before. I had some thoughts of boosting my confidence but every time when I am confident about what I am doing, things would come out unexpectedly wrong and messed up the whole thing in the end. That is why usually I would be staying quiet unless someone asks for my help first and yet, I still like to help people as long as I breathe.

I think that is as much as I could put it in words something about myself. I still have the need to explore myself a whole lot further more as there might have some hidden potentials that have not been unleashed yet remaining dormant inside me. I think I will stop here for now and I will try my best in exploring myself and seek for new characteristics of myself.


p/s - There is nothing related to the living or the deceased. If there is any, it is only purely co-incident. Subject matter maybe varies for changes from time to time... Hahaha =D

No comments:

Post a Comment